Seize a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing and forward-thinking brands in Portland, Oregon. At Rumpl you will find a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic environment at the intersection of outdoor, action sports, lifestyle, and fashion.
In this role, you will think holistically about the business from a data collection and analytics perspective to ensure that Rumpl is making well-informed decisions to grow the business. You are technical with attention to detail, very organized, continually learning, and a curious thinker who understands that data rules. You will work closely with Director of Ops, Director of Marketing, Ecom Manager, Sales Director, and CEO.
Deep Dive Analyses for Leadership Team
- Collaborate with all department heads to uncover their needs, analyze their problems, and provide insights on next steps to improve
- Work ranges from sell-through analysis at retail, wholesale account performance, site A/B test analysis, customer acquisition and cohorting, shipping methods impact on LTV, inventory sell-through optimization, etc.
- Deliver analysis in digestible format as well as create cloud-based dashboard or report so it can be re-run or referenced at any time in the future
Dashboarding & Self Serve Reporting
- Lead all dashboard creation using data extraction and cloud data visualization tools such as Mode Analytics, Chartio, Looker etc.
- Create a data-driven environment at Rumpl powered by self-serve tools servicing all employees, from Customer Experience Associate to the CEO
Data Warehouse & Data Pipelines
- Setup initial data warehouse environment and/or work with external developer or vendor support to build and maintain data pipelines
- Connect and clean all Rumpl data in warehouse for easy SQL extraction including Shopify, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Zendesk, Manual CSV uploads, etc.
- Implement necessary data tracking tools to better understand full user profiles (ie Segment, Stitch, Fivetran, etc.)
- Deep understanding and experience of all things analytics including best methods and software
- 3-5 years experience in data analytics or data scientist role, preferably in retail, consumer goods, or tech
- SQL and Excel expert, familiar with statistical significance
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Business preferred
- Demonstrated connection to the product, values, and lifestyle of Rumpl
- Must be able to work cross functionally and with external partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized and able to manage many priorities simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial by nature
Alongside competitive pay, we offer full medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. Based in sunny Portland, OR, Rumpl HQ is located steps from Forest Park and equipped with a shower, in case you want to sneak in a lunchtime run (watch out for coyotes). Or check out the award-winning breweries and a pizza place with a lunch special so cheap we wonder how they stay in business. We’re flexible about work schedules, giving you opportunities to chase down a powder day or two when the mood strikes.